Date(s) - March 16, 2019
2:30pm - 4:30pm
River Hills Methodist Church
Categories No Categories
Common Good, which grew out of a Burnsville Community Ed class called Know Your Muslim Neighbor. The Common Good group focuses on religious common ideas and gaining understanding of religious differences. There is an event at River Hills Methodist Church on March 16; 2:30 to 4:30. There will be food and table topics for discussion. Attendees will be about half members of the Methodist church and half from the mosque, with as many of us from DUUC who want to come. To get a sense of how it goes here are the ground rules they have developed:
- We trust that we are all here with good intentions and strong convictions.
- We are not here to argue or to convert but to share and to learn.
- We might accidentally offend each other. Acknowledge it and apologize. Don’t assume that any individual represents the whole group. We all share from our individual experience.
- We are all new to this experience, so let’s be patient, respectful, curious, and forgiving.
- Give leadership feedback: both positive things and if something happens that is upsetting.
Let Chuck know if you can come.